Saturday, October 16, 2010

Public Spaces




Well Last week Toronto hosted the awe inspiring Jan Gehl from Gehl architects to host a free lecture at the Toronto Architecture Society at the University of Toronto. I've seen him before but only on youtube. This was the first time to appreciate him in person...well..sorta. I arrived just at 6pm when the lecture was going to start but I had no idea that hundreds of others also were planning to arrive at the same time. So Alas, I had to be happy with watching him over the live video feed.

I wish planners, engineers and city staff from Toronto and the suburbs were there to appreciate what he had to say, otherwise, his message may have fallen on deaf ears. He truly is a visionary - planning cities for people AT walking speed. If you are interested in Jan's message then search for him on youtube.

No comments: