Friday, February 6, 2009

Hwy 10 - Hurontario Street.


Well last week the Mississauga Cycling Advisory Committee had a discussion about the renewal of Hurontario Street and how the city plans to move people from north to south. It is unclear as to what the city will finally decide but whatever they chose the hope is that a new design of the street will include a safe separated bike lane. I have voiced my concerns that unless the bike lane is separated it will not be used. Lets pray logic persuades city council to make the right decision.

Imagine the picture above with a separated bike lane...it would be an amazing step forward!!!!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Separated bike lanes in Mississauga are a PITA because you can't move to the left of a driver that is going to turn right. Anytime I've been in Mississauga, on any road that had a separated bike lane I rode on the road instead. Seemed safer than getting hooked.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to agree with Tanya on that. For Hurontario, I would love to see bike lanes ON THE ROAD - along with many more changes in that road's structure to make it life-giving and soul-friendly.